Free Ground Shipping on Orders Over $49
Good mornings begin with great lighting. Whatever the day may bring, wherever you may go from dawn to dusk, one thing you know for certain: You will start and end your day in the bathroom!
Featured: Sea Gull Lighting Bayfield Wall Scone
Beyond boosting energy-savings and revving up your style, a few illuminating enhancements will energize your morning and provide a comfortable transition toward evening.
Check out our energy-saving solutions and LED lighting tips to restore balance and enhance your outlook each and every day.
Featured: Sonneman Vanity Energy Smart Wall Mirror
LED and Energy Smart: A 3-Step solution for The MODERN Bathroom makeover.
1 | Brighten your Outlook
No, not your view on life, although that certainly helps! We’re talking about the brightness of your bathroom as you get ready in the morning. Lumen count is a measure of “brightness” and can make a huge difference in how you see yourself in the morning, setting the tone for the rest of the day.
- For task lighting at the mirror, you need bright shadow-free illumination around 1600 lumens+ similar to that provided by the old 100-watt incandescent light bulb. If possible, install light fixtures over the top and on either side of your mirror.
- Choose light colors in the bathroom to make the most of your lumens. Colors of the Year, including Alabaster and pastel hues will reflect rather than absorb bright LED light sources.
- Use dimmable LED bulbs and retrofit light sources in the 2700K-3000K-temperature range.
2 | Conserve your Energy
The energy-saving benefits of LEDs are substantial. And the tremendous selection of decorative LED bath bar lights, LED ceiling fixtures and LED accent lamps gives you plenty of options to complement your style.
- For general, accent and/or night lighting–LED strip lights or LED tape lights are excellent. Compact in size and delivering a variety of illuminating effects, LED strip lights are perfect for toe kick and cove illumination, which lend a nice finishing touch to your bathroom’s interior design.
3 | Pre-program and Lower your Maintenance
Automated systems with pre-programmed light settings provide energy savings, as well as mood and performance-enhancing illumination.
- Dimmable LED light sources offer low-level night-light during the evening hours, as well as adjustability to give your eyes an easeful transition into the morning light.
- Used frequently, automated controls extend bulb life too!
And, if you need a little extra motivation to create a positive outlook each morning or reflect and be thankful at night, check out these quotes to help you start your day off a little brighter!