Free Ground Shipping on Orders Over $49
The expanding bulb market has provided many excellent lamp options, and finding the right mix of illumination will highlight the decorative elements in your home. Whereas color rendering is of utmost importance in rooms that demand formal elegance; broad energy-efficient general lighting may take precedence in larger, less ornate recreational areas.
5 Basic Lamping Strategies for Optimal Illumination
1. Fluorescent and CFL (compact fluorescent) lamps work well in areas that require cooler, energy-efficient general illumination, such as undercabinet lighting and cove lighting in kitchens or flush-mount ceiling fixtures in garages and basements.
2. Low-voltage halogen lamps are best for accent lighting and to provide luxurious illumination in areas of the home that call for a more up-scaled look, such as living rooms, bedrooms, dining rooms and master bathrooms.
3. For task lighting, choose LED (light-emitting diode) desk lamps, reading lamps, track lighting and mini-pendants. Bulbrite’s Generation 3 dimmable LED lamps provide great color rendering and light output, perfect for track and recessed fixtures.
4. LED lamps are becoming the standard for outdoor lighting, too, due to their low-maintenance and high energy-efficiency. Although the initial cost for LED lamps is considerably higher, you will find tremendous long-term savings in energy, maintenance and replacement costs—especially in areas where illumination is frequently needed such as outdoor security lighting.
5. Incandescent lamps are still popular for portable lighting and ceiling fixtures to provide pleasant general illumination. Aim for energy-efficient incandescent: Bulbrite’s Eco-Friendly Halogen A19 standard bulb is energy-saving, fully dimmable and available in clear or soft white.
Note: Do not skimp and buy bulbs of lesser quality, because substandard bulbs may emit a poor quality of light and may burn out prematurely. Purchase your lighting from a reputable dealer who will stand behind the quality of their merchandise.
For more information on updating your home with quality, energy-efficient lighting, visit a Capitol Lighting showroom and meet with a professional lighting consultant.
It’s Time to Lighten Up America!