Free Ground Shipping on Orders Over $49
Goodness, Gracious, Great Walls of Lighting!Learn the tricks of the trade for custom decorating with contemporary wall lighting to beautify your space and provide excellent illumination.
Capitol’s Guidelines for Making the Most of Wall Power:
- Take care to position wall lights so that bulbs are not in view and/or glaring light is not streaming through. Aim high with the light or provide a diffuser on top to prevent glare from hitting the eyes of taller individuals.
- In hallways, sconces should be placed about 8 to 10 feet apart staggered on either side so that halfway between two sconces on one side is a sconce on the opposite side.
- Furniture placement and wall lighting should work in unison. A good lighting design should provide plentiful and pleasing illumination to individuals seated on sofas and chairs, while allowing for freedom of movement for individuals navigating the room.
- Wall sconces should highlight and complement without overpowering other points of interest, such as artwork and photographs.
- Generally, with standard 8-foot ceilings, wall sconces should be installed about 5 to 51/2 feet above the floor. *
- In rooms with vaulted ceilings, sconces may be placed higher to accommodate room proportions.
- It may be useful to hold a flashlight against a wall in various positions to see how the light will be viewed from those standing or sitting in areas around the room. A little trial and error before wall sconce installation will help you to customize with precision.
*Height guidelines may vary according to personal preference—taller individuals may choose to install fixtures a bit higher.
For more answers to your lighting questions, consult with a lighting expert at a Capitol Lighting. Find out how great wall lighting may work for you to power up your home and office space, and take advantage of promotional pricing on the finest lamps, ceiling fixtures, mirrors and wall lights.