Free Ground Shipping on Orders Over $49 Details & Exclusions Excludes Curb Side Delivery (LTL). Lower 48 United States Only.
Mar 12, 2013
The Art Of Maximizing Wall Space with Picture Perfect Lighting
Deciding on the perfect wall light or sconce is a fun process. It’s a great feeling when you see a piece and it immediately clicks. You know it’ll look great in your home and you can’t wait to hang it………but where do you hang it? Getting the most of your wall space is an art form. Luckily, we’ve got you covered. Below are some great tips on how to maximize your wall space and make that new fixture look like it belongs:
• Take care to position wall lights so that bulbs are not in view and/or glaring light is not streaming through. Aim high with the light or provide a diffuser on top to prevent glare from hitting the eyes of taller individuals.
• In hallways, sconces should be placed about 8 to 10 feet apart staggered on either side so that halfway between two sconces on one side is a sconce on the opposite side.
• Furniture placement and wall lighting should work in unison. A good lighting design should provide plentiful and pleasing illumination to individuals seated on sofas and chairs, while allowing for freedom of movement to individuals navigating the room.
• Wall sconces should highlight and complement without overpowering other points of interest, such as artwork and photographs.
• Generally, with standard 8-foot ceilings, wall sconces should be installed about 5 to 5 1/2 feet above the floor. In rooms with vaulted ceilings, sconces may be placed higher to accommodate room proportions.
• It may be useful to hold a flashlight against a wall in various positions to see how the light will be viewed from those standing or sitting in areas around the room. A little trial and error before wall sconce installation will help you to customize a plan with power and precision.
So now that you know exactly where to hang your fixture you need to concentrate on watching your fingers with that hammer! Thanks for reading and don’t forget to keep checking back for more helpful tips and tricks.
See you soon!